Custom Millwork

Queen City has always been in the millwork business. The first shopwork was made by H. B. Hatley in 1946. Later, in 1959, Irvin Morgan joined the company. H. B. taught him many of the valuable old time methods. In 1983, Mike Hughes joined Irvin Morgan. Mr Morgan stayed for 40 years, retiring in 1999. Mike Hughes runs the shop today with the help of Tony Fox and James Dean. Modern machines and techniques are mixed with old time methods to produce some the best shopwork in the Carolinas. Some of our specialties are: Exterior louver vents, decorative brackets and lookouts. All types of ornate exterior trim can be replicated. Doors and doorframes are built to plan or even from a photograph. Mantels, pergola beams, and windows and window frames are built. Moulding not in stock can also be made. We make it our policy to tackle the out of the ordinary projects.